Friday, January 4, 2008

The Final Word

Well, went to the Oncologist's Thursday.  We weren't really holding out much hope but he confirmed what we had been thinking.  The chemo was not doing any good and there was nothing really else to try.  They pulled out the PICC line since I will have no need for it now.  Hospice has already called to set up our first appointment here next Tuesday.  I will do what I can here at home.  When I get down too far I will go into the Genesis hospice over by the Bettendorf Library. 

In the mean time, I just take things one day at a day.  Got much paperwork to organize for Brenda and junk to try to clear out.  So much do do, never dreamt we would get so pressed for time.

We haven't given up all hope but it doesn't look good.  Betting on a miracle now and that is always a long shot.  I will continue to update this blog as I feel able but don't expect much.  I have been very weak.  Cancer is an insidious disease.  Can strike without warning to anyone.

Live your life to the fullest.  You just never know when your number will get called.  Enough for now.  Take care and God Bless.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

kim, im sorry to hear that, but try to hang in there buddy,you speak of miracles and i believe they do happen, ill keep praying for you and your family, god bless jeff

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Try to stay positive. I agree with Jeff, miracles can (and do) happen. You're in our prayers as well. God bless.
Adam

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy, I'm here for you .. and the family .. just give me a call.
Toni

Anonymous said...

WE GOT HOME FROM OUR TRIP AND ENJOYED THE TIME WE SPENT WITH YOU.SORRY I CAME EARLY BUT MY RIDE GOT THERE EARLY.REMEMBER I'M HERE FOR YOU AND ALWAYS THINK OF YOU FOR YOU GUYS ARE VERY DEAR TO US.
I'M GLAD I DID GET TO SEE YOU THAT SNOW WAS SOMETHING MOM DIDN'T WANT ME DRIVING IN IT SINCE I HAVEN'T DONE IT FOR AWHILE. I WOULD'VE DONE THAT MONDAY. AND WHEN I WAS THERE I WOKE SO EARLY AND COULDN'T SLEEP NOT SURE WHY. LOVE TO ALL OF YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELFS AND KNOW WE LOVE YOU DOWN HERE IN FLORDIA
DIANE AND CARA

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
I know you really don't know me but my son Neil asked me to pray for you/with him last night and I thank you for that. I can only continue in prayer for you and hope that you remain in HIS will thru this time. Thanks for your friendship to my son and Susan. GOD Bless.
Mark Hoffmann

Anonymous said...

Kim,We are hear for you
God bless, wjmcmar

Anonymous said...

Goodbye Kim. We'll miss you. May you be in the light, filled with God's love and free of all pain, in Jesus's name. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Our dear and beloved friend Kim Ray Ellis passed away Saturday, January 26th 2008, after a courageous battle with cancer.
http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=372332&query=
He was surrounded by his loving family. He died peacefully. We will all miss his presence terribly, but will do him great justice by remembering his caring, thoughtful and unselfish ways. As his friend, I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for giving him the strength and courage to keep on fighting. Your thoughts, prayers and messages you left here, meant so very, very, much to him. I know he is smiling down on us all. God bless you all and thank you for your gracious support of my friend Kim.

cancer treatment center said...

Good writing Kim. Check out cancer treatment center it may be any kind of help to you. Thanks for sharing.