Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Just Another Day in Paradise?!?!?!

No, no really.  Got your attention though, huh?  I had another typical cruddy day.  Went to the doctor's office for my routine INR (blood clot test) and bandage change on my PICC line.  My blood tests were okay but they decided to check my electrolytes since I have been having so many problems keeping stuff down.  Ended up getting fluids there so was stuck sitting in their crappy recliner for over 2 hours.  They thought the fluids would make me feel a bit better - they thought wrongly :(  

We stopped at my mom's for a bit afterwards to visit and the came home.  I have done nothing since but lay down and rest/sleep.  Guess if that is what my body needs, that is what it will get.  Just makes for very monotonous days/weeks/months......

It all just seems to run together.  I figure if I can keep plugging away something has to change, hopefully for the better.  Brenda is out in this nasty weather getting me some needed medications.  Bless her heart, I know I would not have made it this far without her love and support.  But I still worry for her health.  I wish I could do more for myself.  Most days I am still took weak to even get my sorry butt outta bed without a gentle push from Brenda.  No strength at all in my upper body or so it seems.

Enough prattling for now.  Enjoyed the comments from the last blog entry.  Keep them coming - PLEASE!  It is one of my few pleasures in life, just to see that people still care and have not forgotten about me.  Take care and God Bless!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, you are always in my prayers, stay positive my friend, i hope you enjoy your holidays,god bless you and your family jeff

Anonymous said...

We'll be seeing you soon when we come to the Quad Cities. And we'll enjoy the change in weather from the weather down in Saint Cloud Fl. Take it easy. You have agreat girl in Brenda and know she loves you with all her heart.
Be seeing you soon.
If I sent two Christmas cards oops I didn't write down ones I already sent.Twice the greetings from us.
Diane and Cara

Anonymous said...

Yep can stop bugging you about your Zen now lol.. I'm having so much fun playing with it only have a few movies on it but its fun. Hope your christmas is a good one , as good as you can make it . I miss you lots and wish that evil dragon was totally gone from your body , If anyone can beat this thing you can.
Your buddy
Toni

Anonymous said...

I don't think that you or your family ever have to worry about love cuz LOTS of people LOVE you guys...Like ME!! Miss you Kim, hope we get to talk again REAL REAL soon. All my loving thoughts to you. Love Susan

Anonymous said...

I have been meaning to write to see how you and the 'clan' are doing. It sounds like you have started a new round of treatment. I imagine it's hard to keep your spirits high on some days, when your body is tired. Brenda you keep up the gentle prod for the both of you.... I know that you will be squeezing the kids and each other tight this Christmas season! I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers, as I always do.
I learned recently that my brother, Neal, has testicular cancern and is going through treatments also. The big "C" hits way too many people. Plus, his son is still going through treatments for his Leukemia... Go figure how and when people get sick...
I hope that you all have been staying 'snug as a bug' with the bad weather. I watch the news to see what's happening back in the midwest. It's green grass and cold in this neck of the woods.
I loved the pictures of the kids! They are thriving and have grown so much since I last saw all of them. Please keep up the blog! I do try to check it...
Love to you... Hugs to Brenda and the kids... Lezlie Shull