Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Long Week

Doesn't seem like it has been a week since my last update - time sure flies!

Where do I start? Tuesday morning we went to the oncologist for my CT scan results. Great news there, at least. No growth at all! No shrinkage of the remaining spot on my liver but the doc was happy to see no growth. Don't have to go back to him now until September!! More time to get my body closer to normal. We left about noon to go to Adventureland, an amusement park, located outside of Des Moines, Iowa. We stayed at the Adventureland Inn. Had a room just off of the kiddie pool area. The kids played most of the afternoon and evening in the pool. We had a pizza party there. Went to the park most of Wednesday. I had rented a motorized wheelchair to use. That made things much easier. I mostly played photographer. I did do the Teacups and River Rapids log ride. Got some great pictures to share when I put them on the computer later. Spent a little time in the hot tub that night. I was not feeling very good most of the time there. BUT it was very important to me to spend some quality time with my family. It might be our last vacation together as a full family. Sabian turns 18 in two months - no telling if he will still be home next summer.

I still am not feeling very well. Woke up twice during the night and got sick. Not able to eat much today - tummy is so weird feeling. A full month out of chemo now - should be feeling better than this :( Since my tummy is so weird I am back to soft foods for a bit to see if that helps.

That is it for now - stay tuned - Same Bat time - Same Bat channel LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sounds like you and your family had a nice time together...THAT'S GREAT! Thats awesome news...no growth. Hang in there, you need to give yourself more time to feel better. One month is not that long...keep trying soft foods and I'm sure you eat more. Miss talkin to ya since you have been gone can't wait till we can again...
God Bless and talk soon... love always Susan

Anonymous said...

PAT SAID;
I really feel God is working in you to make well again. He has granted you a longer life. You are a fighter Kim Ellis, so hang in there!! You are loved by many and being love by your friends and friends is a gift. As I told before I always here for you. Take care dear friend.
Love you,
Pat

My Yesterdays said...

ya sure did miss ya while you were gone didnt have anyone to pick on.. hope you can start eating better soon and feeling better.. you have lots of friends out there there is strength in numbers buddy...
Toni