Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday update

As usual I have missed a few days lol.

I have been eating a little better. Weight is up a few pounds. Was working outside on the cars yesterday and did too much. Ended up having to take a long nap. Felt good enough later to go run some errands.

It has been three full weeks since chemo ended. I still don't feel much better. I think it is still working itself out of my system. Chemo is such nasty stuff. It is a definite catch 22. Yes, it kills the cancer cells but also kills good cells. I have read that chemo kills more people than the cancer. It sure screws your body up royally. What is worse is that the oncologist said that when the cancer shows back up, as it will almost surely do, he will need to try different chemo drugs. Cancer gets immune to the drugs used. Eventually, they will run out of things to use. Unless they come up with something new soon that is more effective I will run out of options.

We keep praying for a miracle. We are trying our best to maintain a positive attitude but that is hard to do. I am losing my job at QC Online as of the 22nd. Then I will be drawing from a long term disability fund that only pays 60% of what I used to make. I have already been approved for Social Security disability but that doesn't kick in until the end of November. My COBRA insurance is going to cost me almost $800 every month, leaving little or nothing to live on. What a wonderful world we live in. When you need help the most nothing is available. We are looking into every option out there but things do not look good.

Enough for now - keep us in your prayers - take care and God Bless.

No comments: