Saturday, June 2, 2007

Bad week

Been a bad week overall. Seem to be tired most of the time (yeah, a recurring theme.) Was able to run a few errands today. Came home and took a nap. Got up and got sick. When I felt a little better I had my wife ran me up to Illini Hospital. They were throwing a reunion party for past employees. Turnout was really good. I got to see people that I hadn't seen for the best part of 20 years. Really wiped me out though. I was only there for about 2.5 hours, which is doing good for me. A few of them are either going through cancer now or recently finished with treatments. Always nice, for lack of a better word, to talk with others that are going through what I am. I don't feel so much like the Lone Ranger then.

I know that many people are fighting cancer, in one form or another. I am far from the sickest, comparatively speaking. But, I can only relate what I am feeling, due to my experiences so far. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. There seems to be no end in sight. Even when I beat this round (and I will) I know that the odds call for recurrences. Cancer is so unfair. Many people just say suck it up and do what I need to do. Easy for them to say. Unless you have personally gone through cancer yourself or with a loved one, you can't really have a clue of how hard it can be. Enough for now - take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

My Yesterdays said...

Ok ok going to post gezz got to keep you on your toes lol.. glad you had a good reunion. I know the feeling about feeling that one is all alone with different deseases I felt that way also with my diabetes till I met you and finally understood some of what is going on. I got to go now and post before y (PIMA) will not yell at me lol.. figure that one out .
Toni