Saturday, June 16, 2007

Chemo Brain

I just bought a t-shirt that says "I Have Chemo Brain - What's Your Excuse?" For anyone that has any experience with chemo, either as a patient or caregiver, they know what that means. For the rest of you chemo brain refers to what happens to we unfortunates that have to undergo chemotherapy. Chemo has a tendency to whack out our brains lol. We frequently have short term memory loss. I think I referred to it in a previous post. Ask me about something 20 years ago and I will probably remember. Ask me about something 15 minutes ago and you might get a blank stare from me. That happens alot to me also. My wife will ask me what I am thinking about and doesn't believe me when I tell her nothing. I am just staring into space like I am brain dead. I have at least one more round of chemo after the one next week. People have told me that things will improve once I can stop taking chemo. I guess time will tell on that. I am certainly looking forward to a life without chemo, at least for awhile. I do not like being addle minded and feeling like I have no energy. Cancer sucks but anything that I have to do to remain alive will be worthwhile.

Please post a comment about any experiences you have had concerning cancer. Take care and God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH...so thats what you have had all these years LMAO ...blame chemo now I see how it is... LOL (JK) that might be a good thing to have chemo brain so you don't remember how much it sucks...next thing you know, your in remission. won't that be great! keep fighting it's all worth it! Love to you and yours Kim "GOD BLESS"

Anonymous said...

pat said...
Hang in there, Kim. this is your last round of chemo for awhile.
You are a wonderful man and a beautiful friend. You are always giving to others who walk into you path. You came to me to fixed my computers and a friendship grew and is still growing day by day, hour by hour as you are never out of my prayers or thoughts.
Keep the fight going dear friend.
God bless you.
Love you,
Pat June 18,2007 8;30 PM