Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Still waiting

I guess I am getting impatient. This is my fourth day out of chemo and I am still pretty messed up. Wife was trying to talk me into going to the hospital because I had two episodes of vomiting right before bed. That was on top of doing it several times earlier during the day. My weight has dropped more in the last few weeks. My stomach usually does not feel nauseous when I vomit. Many times I start coughing and then start heaving. Some times I just get the feeling and grab the waste can just in time. I rarely vomit food, even if I had recently ate. It is almost always mucous, like from deep in back of my throat. My mouth will be filling up continually with saliva and my nose starts dripping. After a few minutes it is all over, until the next time. Sorry to be so graphic but the symptoms just seem so strange. Neither my oncologist or family doctor really know why this happens to me. My oncologist prescribed a cough syrup, which helps some. Unfortunately, since I can vomit without the coughing spells I am starting to think I won't get over this. It might be a by-product of the chemo. Only time will tell on that.

Until next time - take care and God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your wife, you should go to the hospital... just to be safe!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
This is Jenny Hackler (Martin). It is hard going through cancer. Shad,(my husband), grandmother died from colon cancer last May. It has been a year since her death. It has been hard on him and his family. My grandmother, my dad's mom, died from breast cancer when I was 8 years old. So that was hard for me and my family. So we know what you are going through. Hope everything goes well for you. My church and my family are praying for you.
Your friend,
Jenny