Sunday, June 10, 2007

Overdue

I haven't felt very good all weekend. Very tired and alot of tummy aches. Our church had a benefit for me Saturday night. Taco supper and a silent auction. Brenda took soup for me to eat since I can't tolerate much of normal food. I did eat a piece of lemon merangue pie, which actually tasted good. Think I ate too much though because I got to feeling sick. Found a couch to stretch out on until the feeling passed. It was nice seeing everybody. There was a good turnout. We haven't been to church very much since my surgery. It is hard enough to try to get 7 kids up and moving. Almost impossible with a slow moving dad. I felt bad on Mother's Day but I made sure we were at church for that. I felt it was important to be there.

I have ordered a couple of T-shirts that say Cancer Sucks! and gives my blog address. They also say have Cancer Questions? and gives the Onchochat website address. I hope to raise a little awareness about cancer and maybe help answer some questions too.

I almost feel like I am talking to myself. Only a few people have commented here. Please help spread the word and post my blog address when you get the chance. I would really appreciate that. Take care and God Bless.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, I admire your strength and hope for a full recovery for you. God bless
John

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, nice to connect with other warriors, keep the fight buddy, one day soon we will slay that dragon! *mega hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
Thanks for your note..Yes waiting is the hardest part of all. I remember waiting for my scans after 30 infussions of chemo..in 97/98. I had scans every three months it was helping however it was slow and waiting was always the hardest thing.
Its grueling at times. I had a partial remission only due to still have an area by the adrenal glands that would persist till 2001. I went for scans every three months till 2000 when it came back and we did further chemo for one area again. Then the third time was in 2001 when I had 25 radiation a long with a clinical trial. That was my one hope for remission at that point. I ran with it the most they could say it would would be 18 months. Frankly I took that thinking it was better then nothing and it would get me to the next point..if I needed further treatment. I never thought they would say remission not with how extensive my disease was. But they did I am so blessed.
About my current scans yes they were good..how ever they are watching the stomach lining to see what happens there.
Lymphoma is nasty seen it and don't care to. I hate waiting. I don't think you ever get use to that part of it. I think that is the worst part of the roller coaster we experience. However when things are working even if we feel like crud. Thats the challenge to move forward staying in the land of the living.
The roller coaster has some rough turns and high hills then it levels out once in a while. Seriously when it does then we take a deep breathe and gain tons of perspective.Then we fight on.
It took me a while to understand that I could do that...when some of the shock wore off.
You can do it...there is a army of us out here fighting side by side..
Take care of you...Kerry

Anonymous said...

Hiya... miss talkin' to ya Kim. I have to say I really hate it when you having a tough day. I pray and pray for those days to pass quickly for you. It's okay that you don't geet to go to church often...God is where you are, so talk with him anywhere and read his word daily. He hears you. He loves you. Your doing great, hang in there! I have posted your web page on my page also (just so you know) Love to you and yours Kim.