Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Week Later

Well, it has been a whole week off of chemo as of yesterday. Looks like it will take much longer than I was hoping to start feeling better. Don't know what I was thinking, just wishful I guess. The last couple of cycles I never really felt much better, even when I got to go three weeks off, instead of the original two weeks off. Maybe by the middle of July I will start picking up some. Got to keep telling myself one day at a time. I am just anxious to get some energy so I can do more around the house to help. I hate feeling helpless and worthless. There is so much to be done. I don't want Brenda trying to do it all by herself. She tries hard to but I can't afford for her to burn herself out.

We got a foam cushion for the bed last night. I have gotten so thin my ribs and hips have been getting sore from the pressure of laying down. It is 8 inches thick, 3 inches of memory foam and the other 5 inches of egg crate type. If that doesn't help I don't know what would. We are putting it on the bed today.

Got to get some other work done while I still have some "juice" left. Til next time.

1 comment:

My Yesterdays said...

I hope you start feeling better soon.. bud you will takes time and when you start getting your energy back you will be buzzing .. And Brenda take some time for you too.. ya hear..
Your Bud
Toni